ODOT County Engineers’ Association of Ohio (CEAO) Environmental Task Order Contract
EMH&T’s Environmental Department provided a variety of environmental, cultural resources, and NEPA document preparation services, including overall project management, for ODOT Districts to use for County Engineers Association of Ohio (CEAO) projects on a task order basis. The contract covered any environmental services that the County Engineer’s Offices needed to receive CEAO funding, including Categorical Exclusion (CE) environmental documentation, cultural resources, hazardous materials (ESA), bridge asbestos inspections, ecological surveys, waterway permitting, and mussel surveys. Under this contract, EMH&T worked with 19 County Engineer’s Offices across the state of Ohio. Of the 25 projects completed under this contract, highlights included:
- Full environmental services for a bridge replacement over the State Scenic Grand River in Rome Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio. Special coordination was required for bridge demolition and construction specifications, in order to avoid impacts to the Grand River.
- Full environmental services for the rehabilitation of a Bowstring Arch bridge that provides pedestrian traffic access into the Columbiana County Fairgrounds in Center Township, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- The bridge was originally built in 1872 and was eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Bridge asbestos inspections in Auglaize, Drake, and Montgomery Counties.
- Managed mussel surveys and relocations on streams in Fayette, Hancock, Madison, Miami, Putnam and Union Counties. Surveys were completed by subconsultants.
- Full environmental services for the 6.2-mile County Route 316 (Lower Valley Pike) improvement project in Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio. Services included Phase I Archaeological and History/Architecture surveys, Environmental Site Assessments, Ecological Survey, and Waterway permitting. EMH&T negotiated successfully with the regulatory agencies and avoided the need for an Individual 404/401 permit.