Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for a Civil Engineering CAD Technician to work with our Traffic team in our Columbus, OH office. Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Technician performs engineering design using CAD. Experience with the MicroStation platform and Ohio Department of Transportation practices is preferred.
Work often entails multiple projects for a wide variety of public and private clients, and may involve identifying and acquiring essential information needed to complete assignments, e.g. relevant guidelines, standards, local utility requirements, etc. Assignments will include engineering drafting, transportation design, and basemapping for a variety of projects.
Associates degree or advanced specialized technical training in one or more CAD platforms or other drafting software. Typically, over 4+ years experience performing engineering design drafting on transportation projects, preferably in roadway or traffic design. Broad understanding of civil engineering concepts and practices with ability to coordinate effectively with multi-disciplined project teams.
Key Competencies include:
- A self-starter that demonstrates dependability and consistent work efforts
- Ability to work independently, but enjoys working in a team environment
- Technical knowledge in a diverse range of projects and applications
- Planning and organization capabilities with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to express ideas clearly
- Accountability for multiple concurrent commitments while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines
- Commitment to be engaged, give, receive and apply constructive feedback