Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for a Survey Technician to join our team in Columbus, OH. The Survey Technician is responsible for the production of multiple survey products and documents. You will work with colleagues to ensure the final work product meets the client’s scope, standards, and deadline.
The Survey Technician is responsible for the reduction of field notes, researching county engineer, auditor and recorder’s records, boundary resolution with guidance from a Professional Land Surveyor, easement research and plotting, preparation of the boundary base map to be utilized by all disciplines involved in the project, preparation of right-of-way plan sheets and corresponding descriptions and compilation of all required documents for submittal to ODOT. You may also prepare ALTA surveys, record plan surveys, topographic surveys, mortgage surveys, etc. You will work collaboratively with internal team members on specifications and modifications during the course of the project. You will be expected to engage in problem solving with municipal and utility companies in order to move a project forward.
It is preferred but not required that the candidate have 5 - 10 years of survey experience in the preparation of these types of survey products. It is not a requirement that the candidate be a Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
Key Competencies include:
- Ability to lead multiple, concurrent projects
- Demonstration of expertise in project planning
- Planning and organizational skills
- Client relation management skills
- Effective communication skills with internal team and externally with clients
- Ability to manage, priorities and meet deadlines
- Capability to maintain budgeting and performance management
- Ability to work in a teaming environment