Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for a General Laborer to join our Infratechnologies team as a CCTV Assistant based in our Columbus, Ohio office. The CCTV Assistant works with specialized equipment to locate and mark storm water and sanitary sewer collection systems. Assists with the process of videotaping the interiors of pipe systems using closed circuit video (CCTV) equipment. No prior experience is necessary. We provide on the job training. This is a travel position requiring overnight travel, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to carry out written instructions and read and interpret sewer system maps and plans;
- Ability to read and record data accurately; strong work ethics; promptness; focus and attention to detail, organizational and follow up capabilities.
- Ability to react to unusual situations that may call for rapid exit from confined space; punctual and dependable; integrity; and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a good driving record and pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- The ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and tolerate outdoor allergens for extended periods of time (8-10 hours per day) for the majority of the year.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time during the majority of the workday.
- The ability to bend over, swat, and rise while performing tasks 4 through 6.
- Capable of lowering and raising video camera and recording equipment with a total weight from 60 to 75 lbs. into and out of a sewer manhole; repeating this process up to 3-4 times every work hour.
- The ability to lift and set aside 60-100-lb manholes using manhole hooks.
- Given physical body type, capable of entering and exiting through a municipal sewer manhole of approximately 24 inches in diameter (width).
- The ability to work in and around sanitary and storm sewage, bacteria, and debris; including withstanding potentially strong smells associated with the sewage.
Pay: $18 per hour. Base workweek is forty (40) hours. Eligible for overtime pay for all hours worked in excess of forty regular hours per week. Overtime is compensated at 1.5 times your hourly rate.
Travel Per Diem: $56 per day when required to stay overnight.