Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for a CAD Technician to work in our Columbus, OH office. This full-time position, under the direct supervision of a seasoned Designer, Engineer or Project Manager, drafts basic engineering design components (plans, profiles, easements, exhibits, etc.).
Assigned work is typically base map changes, e.g. making "redlined" corrections, mark-ups or setup drawings from grading points and work changes. Corrections to work products are reviewed. The successful candidate will learn and follow prescribed EMH&T drafting standards or other required standards as direct by manager, e.g. city or county standards.
Qualifications include an Associate degree with civil design emphasis or some specialized training or experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D. Knowledge of basic math (geometry) involved in the production and use of drawings or models. Little work experience or under 3 years of drafting activities. Behavioral characteristics necessary:
- Accountability and delivery on deadline commitments and quality
- Attention to detail and review of own work
- Organizational and follow up capabilities
- Basic mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages
- Oral communication skills; upward communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Customer service orientation