Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
Using a broad array of surveying methods, techniques and equipment, organizes and maintains efficiency of the field survey crew in completing specific tasks for private and public clients.
The position will make accurate measurements and delineate property boundaries; gather data relevant to specific land features, including shape, contour, location, elevation and dimension for the preparation of ALTA and boundary surveys; accurately record and convey this information for use in engineering, mapping, construction; and perform basic survey calculations.
This role has lead responsibility to manage field crew while being actively involved in the accurate recording and calculations of field data; provide instruction and development of field crew members to ensure accuracy and accountability of the team; and respond appropriately to inquiries about survey projects or presence of survey teams to clients, contractors, utility or municipal personnel or property owners.
Qualified candidates will have a High School diploma or equivalent. Five (5) years’ experience with boundary and topographic surveys, ALTA/ACSM land title surveys and construction staking. Working knowledge of data collection. Land surveying including the use of data collection, robotic and conventional total stations and GPS, preferred.
Key Competencies include:
- Ability to plan, organize, assign, motivate and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, maps and property descriptions.
- Ability to interact with the public and appropriately answer questions or issues raised by property owners and others as to the nature of the work, while demonstrating a concern for the client.
- Ability to work out of doors in all types of inclement weather for extended periods of time.
- Ability to provide clear, concise verbal instructions and written reports.
- Organized and possesses a great attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving record.
Below are the physical capabilities required of this position:
- The ability to work out of doors all year in all types of weather conditions.
- The ability to walk and stand for the majority of the day.
- The ability to maneuver over rough, uneven terrain, ditched, roadsides, etc. while carrying 40 - 50 lbs. of supplies or robotic equipment.
- The stamina to work 10 - 12 hours per day for 6 - 8 months of the year.
- Capable of using a 4 lbs. - 12 lbs. sledge hammer to pound stakes or metal pins.
- Intermittent bending and squatting is required.
- The ability to lift and manage 60 lbs. - 100 lbs. manholes.
- Capable of wearing hearing protection, hard hat and protective clothing. No short pants are allowed.