Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
The Transportation Division of EMH&T is actively seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Structural CAD Technician for immediate employment in the Columbus, Ohio office. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate relevant structural (bridge, culvert, foundation, etc.) project experience with public transportation projects (i.e., ODOT, Municipal, and County) with proficiency in various CADD platforms, specifically MicroStation/GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD. Applicant should have experience detailing structural steel members, welded/bolted connections, and reinforced concrete structures, including knowledge of reinforcing bar tables, development/lap lengths, and general bar layouts for concrete structures. Applicant should be familiar with field work required to inspect deteriorated structures, including delineating unsound concrete, steel corrosion, and general structural rehabilitation. Special consideration provided to candidates with structural designer experience for ODOT Projects, as well as applicants who have completed the ODOT Prequalified Bridge Inspector Training.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, this position works with a high degree of independence on multiple assignments. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide lead design support for structural design projects including all aspects of plan preparation, quantity calculations, survey data processing, drafting/plan revisions, and internal company support as required.
- Provide field support for bridge/structure inspections, including knowledge of structural assessment for concrete and steel structures as required for rehabilitation projects.
- Provide quality design work compliant with accepted design/drafting standards (i.e. ODOT, AASHTO, City, County, etc.)
Provide a high quality deliverable by working closely with the project manager or lead design engineer and assisting with plan review, QA/QC, and Structural CAD design support for EMH&T.
Successful candidates will have an Associates degree or advanced specialized technical training in one or more CAD platforms or other drafting software. Typically, 4-6 years’ experience performing engineering design drafting in municipal design and ODOT projects. Possess a broad range of civil engineering concepts and practices to plan and accomplish goals. Prefer experience with ODOT plan design and associated deliverables.
Qualified candidates must be capable of the following:
- A self-started that demonstrates dependability and consistent work efforts
- Ability to work independently and enjoys working in a teaming environment
- Employ technical knowledge to a diverse range of projects
- Planning and organization capabilities with high attention to detail and schedule conformance
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to express ideas clearly
- Receive and apply constructive feedback
- Experience with ODOT and public agency design policies and procedures
- Technical experience with CAD drafting and spreadsheet software
- Microstation/GEOPAK, and/or AutoCAD experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Office