Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for talented students to fill a paid summer internship positions for our Construction Services Division.
An internship at EMH&T is designed to provide our interns with hands on project experience. Upon joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with a Senior RPR, assisting them with monitoring the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for public capital improvement projects. You will assist the Senior RPR as they oversee, observe and monitor contractual field work which includes excavations, drainage facilities, road surfaces, water line installation and sanitary sewer piping and structures; schedule work and inspection phases with contactor and agency personnel. You will also learn the nuances of maintaining project records which include daily logs, materials notebooks, photos, project record plans and/or pay quantity records.
Under the direction of a seasoned RPR, our interns will develop a working knowledge of Construction Services at EMH&T. Previous experience with and a general knowledge of construction practices and techniques, engineering terminology, principles and techniques of civil engineering including materials testing coordination, surveying and plans review and knowledge of materials used in construction projects is preferred.
Key competencies for success:
- Observation & measurement techniques; graphic expression of ideas and concepts
- Attention to detail, organizational and follow up capabilities
- Mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry
- Demonstrated oral and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Cooperation and adaptability
- Appreciation for safe work procedures
- Provide own transportation to projects
- Available to work a minimum of 40 Hours per week – May-August