Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
This full-time role will be assisting survey operations in the field as a Rodman under the direction of a Survey Crew Chief or a Surveyor. Primary responsibilities include driving metal and wood stakes, holding survey rod, and ensuring that survey supplies and equipment are prepared for the survey tasks at hand. May perform maintenance of certain equipment and maintain adequate supplies and carry supplies from the truck to the survey site. Will be given direction and will assist with other various field duties in the process of data collection.
Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent. No Survey experience needed. Training will occur on the job. Qualified candidates must possess:
- Strong work ethic and dependability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision when necessary
- Ability to retain and follow verbal instructions
- Consistent punctuality and superb attendance
- Ability to work in a teaming environment
- Stamina to work in a physically demanding position all day and in all types of weather
- Willing to occasionally travel during the week, home by weekend (infrequent)
This position is physically demanding so candidate must:
- Be able to maneuver over rough, uneven terrain, ditches, roadsides, etc., while carrying 40-50 lbs. of supplies or robotic equipment weighing 35 lbs.
- Be able to work up to 10-12 hours per day for 6-8 months of the work year.
- Be capable of using small hand tools and power tools, such as a 12-lb. sledge hammer to pound wooden stakes or metal pins into the ground.
- Be able to hammer up 2 hours to 8 hours per work day.
- Be able to withstand bending and squatting while hammering stakes, setting up equipment and/or clearing vegetation. Bending and twisting and manual dexterity required.
- Be able to lift and set aside 60-100-lb. manholes using manhole hooks.
- Be capable of using a machete, brush hook, or other tool to cut light brush.
- Be capable of wearing hearing protection when working near heavy traffic and highways, hard hat if required, and clothing appropriate for the weather. No short pants allowed.
- Must participate in an on-going drug testing program.