Work for a company you can be proud of!
Be part of a diverse team of forward-thinkers and doers–people who want to make an impact and cultivate their expertise in collaboration with others.
EMH&T is currently looking for a Civil Project Engineer Intern (EI) to work with our team in Charlotte, NC.
Upon joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the business for a highly respected civil engineering consulting firm. We look for Civil Engineering candidates who are eager to learn and want to work in an environment where dedication to the performance of quality services is a core value. Under the direction of seasoned PMs, our EIs receive mentoring and guidance to develop the skills needed for a successful career as an engineer.
Qualified candidates will have earned their BS Civil Engineering. Preference will be given to candidates with multiple internships or co-op experiences in civil, construction, or related areas. Exposure to an engineering consulting firm environment is also a plus. Recent graduates will be expected to have some experience with AutoCAD or a similar software used to develop work plans and to be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Must have passed the FE exam or eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
Other key competencies and capabilities necessary for success in this position include:
- Consistent work effort and dependability; attention to detail
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) as well as in a teaming environment
- Ability to apply technical know-how to a diverse range of projects
- Planning and organizational skills; commitment to deadlines and the client
- Ability to communicate and express ideas clearly
- Ability to handle feedback and learn from mistakes